She is the only child of Rodolphey (Dolph) Martin Campbell, store owner, and Cora K. Adams Campbell, school teacher.
Juanita had many cousins to grow up with in Brock. Her father's four sisters had nine children among them. Her mother was sixth of eight and her siblings had 19 children. Juanita's Grandfather Campbell founded Brock's first store, actually the first general store west of the Missouri River, on the Nemaha River.
The Adams family was travelling to the West from Ashland County, Ohio, by wagon with all their possesions. When Grandmother Adams was widowed in Nemaha County, she remained in Brock to rear her eight children. The oxen (named Tom & Jerry, Buck & Berry, Rock & Rolly, Duke & Dime) became a farming team.
She taught one year in North Loop, Nebraska, and returned to do graduate work at the University. While studying for a Masters Degree she was a graduate assistant in the Psychology Department.
The family lived on 20th Street when Al and James were born. They moved, in 1927, after years of planning and designing, to the home at 3024 Georgian Court. The house was built using three tons of marble, slate and Indiana limestone purchased from stone remaining after the construction on the State Capitol building! Their home incorporated many advanced architectural ideas and was a delight to live in. The house had 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms (3 full, 2 half) and a two car garage.
In 1943, the family moved to 1971 D Street (the original Fitzgerald home on Emerald Hill, a development facing the Plymouth Congegational Church) where Juanita lived until 1986.
On February 1, 1986, Juanita moved to her condominum home in Bloomington, Minnesota. Daughter Beth and her five children and their families then all lived in Minnesota near Grandma. The immediate descendants of Albert and Juanita included three children, 10 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren.